GRIDCo Addresses Power Outages Experienced In Some Parts Of Ghana Today

 199 total views,  1 views today

The Ghana Grid Company Limited(GRIDCo) has finally addressed the reasons behind the power outage experienced in some parts of the country today.

READ ALSO: Celebs Troll Moesha Buduong As She Takes Dance Lessons In Her Bikini Wear (Video)

The debate as to whether “Dumsor” is back has been an indecisive one. The opposition party, however, has said that the ruling government should come forward and break the news to Ghanaians that the power outages are here to stay.

Also, Grid Company Limited(GRIDCo) has reiterated that “Dumsor” is not back as claimed by some Ghanaians.

Today, some parts of the country experienced power outages experience which confirmed the claims that the country is back to its days of power outages.

In a statement released by GRIDCo, there was fault on the Aboadze-Anwomaso transmission lines which led to the loss of supply to some parts of Ghana.

The statement further revealed that the technical team was quickly deployed to initiate restoration efforts and they succeeded in fixing the transmission network in 30mins.

GRIDCo also revealed that it is working with relevant players in the generation and distribution chain to resume power transmission to all affected areas.

Currently, they have been able to restore about 80% of the affected areas and are working effectively to restore the other 20%.

GRIDCo Addresses Power Outages
GRIDCo Addresses Power Outages

Meanwhile, the Electricity Company Ghana Limited(ECG) has said that the company needs money to carry out its operational duties. Hence that will improve it power status of the country.

The Managing Director, Kwame Agyeman-Budu said that the company has to do some upgrades to resolve the power outage problem in the country.

Source: Ghgossip.com

Facebook Comments Box

Kwaku Nimako

I am a blogger and a Web Developer. Exclusive News Plus is an all-around news and advertisement platform created by myself and powered by Global Marketers. For any advertisement or promo, please call 0343022271. NB: We offer business listing for free.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *