Shirley Frimpong Manso: (Biography & Facts) All You Need To Know About
130 total views, 7 views today
Shirley Frimpong Manso is a successful Ghanaian movie director, writer, and also producer. She is the founder and CEO of Sparrow Productions, a film, television, and advertising production company.
Shirley Frimpong Manso was born on March 16, 1977,Kwahu East District. Frimpong-Manso is
She won Best Director at the 6th Africa Movie Academy Awards. Shirley Frimpong Manso is also a principal of Sparrow Station, a video streaming service for African entertainment from Sparrow and other African film producers.
In 2013, she was ranked the 48th most influential person in Ghana according to E.tv Ghana.
Shirley Frimpong Manso is described as one who “seeks to raise the standard of film production in Ghana and Africa by telling progressive African stories as seen through the eyes of Africans.” Changing the way Ghana was portrayed also motivated her career choice.
Her films are also known for their “fierce female leads,” as they portray African women with an agency who can be breadwinners and lead complex lives. In December 2019, her movie ‘Potato Potahto’ started streaming on Netflix.
- Born: March 16, 1977 Kwahu East District.
- Nationality: Ghana
- Occupation: Film director and producer
- Spouse(s): Ken Attoh (married 2009–present)
- Website: www.sparrowstation.com
Shirley Frimpong Manso’s height is not available right now. We will update Shirley Frimpong-Manso’s Height, Weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible.
Shirley Frimpong-Manso Early Life
Frimpong-Manso is from Kwahu Pepease in the Eastern Region of Ghana. As a child, she organized plays, which “felt a lot more fun than playing with sand and dolls.”
Shirley graduated in 2000 from the National Film and Television Institute popularly known as NAFTI in Ghana and worked as a presenter at Radio Gold, a private station in Accra, and then went on to start Sparrow Productions in 2003.
Shirley Frimpong Manso is married to Ken Attoh, her business partner and also husband. The couple has a child together.
With the help of producer and actress Juliet Asante, Frimpong Manso helped produce the TV show Heart to Heart for two years shortly after school. She has also produced:
- Different Shades of Blue – a television series about five university girls who share a dormitory in a university hostel.
- Personalities Kitchen – a cooking program that hosts two personalities and challenges them to a rice meal of their choice.
- The Miss Ghana Pageant – she produced two semifinalists at the Miss World event within five years during her time.
Shirley Frimpong-Manso Movies
- Us In Between.
- The Perfect Picture: Ten Years Later.
- Potato Potahto.
- Grey Dawn.
- Love or Something Like That.
- Devil in the Detail.
Shirley Frimpong Manso up to a point took over the Ghana Movies industry with the scenes of her amazing movies. Due to that, Frimpong-Manso became one of the best movie directors in the industry landing countless awards.
- 6th Africa Movie Academy Awards – Best Director of the Year
- 6th Africa Movie Academy Awards – A Sting in a Tale won the Best Soundtrack award
- 18th Annual Pan African Film & Arts Festival – A Sting In A Tale took home the award for Audience Favorite-Narrative Feature
- 2014 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards – Best Video Editor and Best Movie Director
- Also awarded Film Director of the Year in the Citi TV Entertainment Achievement Awards In March 2021.
Shirley Frimpong Manso Net Worth
Shirley Frimpong Manso has an estimated net worth of $7 Million. She earned this through the numerous movies she produced, Different Shades of Blue a television series, Personalities Kitchen a cooking program, and she produced two semifinalists at the Miss World event.