Submit CVs – Job vacancies Available at SNV
298 total views, 1 views today
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
Overview of the Project
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992. SNV is implementing the Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities (GrEEn) project with funding from the European Union’s Trust Fund for Africa, which aims to promote youth employment, entrepreneurship and support the greening of businesses for sustainable and climate resilient local economies in Ghana.
The project is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position for Project Finance Officer.
The position is based in Accra, Ghana
The Project Finance Officer will be responsible for the overall project financial administrative functions and for financial support to the core project team, under the general supervision of the Project Manager. He/She will also work closely with SNV Ghana’s finance team. The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Administering and coordinating all financial transactions of the project.
- Compliance with and enforcement of the country’s tax and accounting laws and regulations.
- Compliance with and enforcement of SNV ‘s financial policies and procedures.
- Compliance with and application of the EU financial procedures and terms of agreements.
- Ensure financial control and risk management
- Collaboration with internal and external auditors and follow-up on the implementation of their recommendations for the project.
- Prepare financial and other reports to aid the preparation of the overall project’s financial report for dissemination and decision making. To do this, the Administrator will:
- Prepare project financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that project financial reports are timely and accurately prepared in the required formats as per the donor contract.
- Prepare and share project depletion reports with the Project Manager on a monthly basis, and support in preparing project budget or budget reallocation.
- Master’s degree in accounting, Finance or its equivalent
- At least seven years of experience in financial administration, accounting or similar role
- Experience in financial administration, accounting or similar role in large donor-funded projects or programmes (at least 5 million USD budget)
- Fair knowledge of project management
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of EU financial rules and regulations desirable
- In-depth understanding of financial administration, accounting and/or auditing processes and procedures and how they are linked to operations
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of SAP and/or another automated ERP software preferred
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with diverse communities and stakeholders
- Previous experience with NGOs preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 25 March, 2021