Three People Gone Missing In Kumasi Floods, According To NADMO
88 total views, 1 views today
Three people have gone missing as a result of Thursday’s downpour in Kumasi, according to Kwabena Nsenkyire, the Ashanti Regional Director for the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO).
He told 3FM’s Midday News that the team is still assessing the magnitude of the damage caused by the rain, which lost a life, but that they are continuing to receive awful news.
“We’ve got information of one of our victim, Bernard Sapem 70 years, just move from Accra to Kumasi three days ago and they live around Soko bridge. The information was that when it started raining he tried to cross a certain bridge unfortunately he slipped and fell into the bridge”, he explained the circumstances under which one of the people got missing.
He said it is early days yet to declare them dead.
“Actually since we haven’t recover the bodies, we can’t ascertain, we can’t confirm the number of bodies. Three people are missing”, he clarified.
Mr. Nsenkyire also spoke to Komla Adom on TV3 Midday where he gave an account of what has been reported to his outfit so far and the state of their rescue operations.